SPECIAL TO THE DAYTONA TIMES
To increase opportunities for new and returning students, Daytona State College announces extended registration, advising and testing hours beginning May 13 at all of its campuses.
To ensure the best availability of classes, students should complete their registrations as early as possible. Summer classes start May 20 and July 1. The majority of fall semester classes start Monday, Aug. 26 (15-weeks and seven-week classes); some apprenticeship, practicum and Adult Education classes start on Monday, Aug. 19.
Daytona State’s extended registration hours for summer and fall classes will run as follows, May 13 through July 26:
• Daytona Beach campus – 8 a.m. until 6:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday
• DeLand campus – 8 a.m. until 6:30 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday
• Deltona campus – 8 a.m. until 6:30 p.m., Monday and Thursday
• Flagler/Palm Coast campus – 8 a.m. until 6:30 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday
• New Smyrna Beach-Edgewater campus – 8 a.m. until 6:30 p.m., Monday and Tuesday
Note: All other days, the campuses are open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Friday, 8 a.m. until noon.
Enrollment Day events
In addition, Enrollment Day events at the beginning of June provide the opportunity to complete everything from admission to registration and have a chance to win a $350 scholarship from the Daytona State College Foundation. Only students registering for classes during the events will be eligible for this drawing; the winner will be notified following the events.
• Tuesday, June 4, 3:30 until 7 p.m. – DeLand campus, 1155 County Road 4139
• Thursday, June 6, 3:30 until 7 p.m. – Deltona campus, 2351 Providence Blvd.
• Saturday, June 8, 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. – Daytona Beach campus, 1200 W. International Speedway Blvd.
Students can take advantage of the special enrollment days to complete their application (online or downloaded from www.DaytonaState.edu), meet with an admissions advisor and financial aid counselor, take an assessment test (if applicable), meet with an academic advisor and then lock in their schedule for summer or fall.
Financial aid assistance
During the Saturday enrollment day, Daytona State’s financial aid office will be open to assist with college education financing and to complete financial aid applications (FAFSA). Academic advisors will also be available to talk about academic programs such as Honors College and Learning Communities, which include linked classes and Daytona State’s QUANTA program.
Additional enrollment day events are scheduled for the Daytona Beach campus on Saturday, July 20, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., and Saturday, Aug. 17, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Extended registration hours for the period July 29 through Aug. 31 will run as follows:
• Daytona Beach campus – 8 a.m. until 7 p.m., Monday through Thursday
• DeLand campus – 8 a.m. until 7 p.m., Monday through Thursday
• Deltona campus – 8 a.m. until 7 p.m., Monday and Thursday
• Flagler/Palm Coast campus – 8 a.m. until 7 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday
• New Smyrna Beach-Edgewater campus – 8 a.m. until 7 p.m., Monday and Tuesday
Note: All campuses are open regular hours on Friday, 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
For more information visit www.DaytonaState.edu or call the Admissions Office at 386-506-4471.