SPECIAL TO THE TIMES
The Cultural Council of Volusia County will hold a special meeting to review applications for the fiscal year 2013-2014 Community Cultural Grant program. The meeting will be from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 10, in the third-floor meeting rooms of the Volusia County Lifeguard Headquarters and Administration Center, 515 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach. The meeting is open to the public.
Thirty nonprofit organizations will present their applications for funding. Each organization will be given a brief opportunity to update Cultural Council members about their programs and respond to members’ questions. Applications will be reviewed in alphabetical order.
Organizations applying for the grant are:
• African American Museum of the Arts
• Art League of Daytona Beach
• ArtHaus Foundation
• Artists’ Workshop of New Smyrna Beach
• Atlantic Center for the Arts
• Black Heritage Festival and Museum
• Cinematique of Daytona Beach
• Daytona Beach Symphony Society
• Daytona Playhouse
• DeLand Fall Festival of the Arts
• Gateway Center for the Arts
• Halifax Historical Society
• Heritage Preservation Trust
• Holly Hill Historic Preservation Society
• IMAGES: A Festival of the Arts
• Iranian American Society of Daytona Beach
• Little Theatre of New Smyrna Beach
• Museum of Arts & Sciences
• Museum of Florida Art
• Ormond Beach Historical Society
• Ormond Memorial Art Museum & Gardens
• Pioneer Settlement for the Creative Arts
• Sands Theater Center
• Southeast Volusia Historical Society
• Shoestring Theater
• Sister Cities of Volusia County
• Surfscape Contemporary Dance Theater
• USA Dance – Greater Daytona Chapter
• Volusia Community Symphony
• West Volusia Historical Society
Grant scores will be announced, but recommended award amounts will be determined after the county’s budgeting process is completed. Final approval rests with the County Council.
Funding for this grant program comes from the Volusia County Government’s general fund allocation for cultural and heritage programs.
For more information, contact Mike Fincher – cultural coordinator for Volusia County’s Parks, Recreation and Culture Division – at firstname.lastname@example.org or 386-736-5953, ext. 15872.