Offering easy registration access for summer sessions and fall semester, Daytona State College welcomes new and returning students with daily hours and after-work hours for registration, advising and testing at all of its campuses.
Each of the college’s five campuses regularly offer at least two days a week with hours until 6:30 p.m., as well as special enrollment events until 7 p.m. and on certain Saturdays (see schedules below).
To ensure the best availability of classes, students should complete their registrations as early as possible. Summer classes start May 14 (6-week and 10-week) and June 30 (6-week).
The majority of fall semester classes start Monday, Aug. 25 (15-week and 7-week classes); some apprenticeship, practicum and Adult Education classes start on Wednesday, Aug. 13.
Daytona State’s registration hours for summer and fall classes are as follows, through July 25:
• Daytona Beach Campus – 8 a.m. until 6:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday
• DeLand Campus – 8 a.m. until 6:30 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday
• Deltona Campus – 8 a.m. until 6:30 p.m., Monday and Thursday
• Flagler/Palm Coast Campus – 8 a.m. until 6:30 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday
• New Smyrna Beach-Edgewater Campus – 8 a.m. until 6:30 p.m., Monday and Tuesday
• All other days, the campuses are open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Friday, 8 a.m. until noon.
Enrollment Day events
In addition, special Enrollment Day events provide the opportunity to complete everything from admission to registration and have a chance to win a $350 scholarship from the Daytona State College Foundation. Only students registering for classes during the events will be eligible for this drawing; the winner will be notified following the events.
• Tuesday, June 3, 3:30 until 7 p.m. – DeLand Campus, 1155 County Rd. 4139
• Thursday, June 5, 3:30 until 7 p.m. – Deltona Campus, 2351 Providence Blvd.
• Saturday, June 7, 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. – Daytona Beach Campus, 1200 W. International Speedway Blvd.
Students can take advantage of the special enrollment days to complete their application (online or downloaded from www.DaytonaState.edu), meet with an Admissions Advisor and Financial Aid Counselor, take an assessment test (if applicable), meet with an Academic Advisor and then lock in their schedule for summer or fall.
During the Saturday enrollment day, Daytona State’s Financial Aid Office will be open to assist with college education financing and to complete financial aid applications (FAFSA).
Academic Advisors will also be available to talk about academic programs such as Honors College and Learning Communities, which include linked classes and Daytona State’s award winning QUANTA program.
Additional enrollment day events are scheduled for the Daytona Beach Campus on Saturday, July 19, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., and Saturday, Aug. 16, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Extended registration hours for July 28 through Aug. 31 will run as follows:
•Daytona Beach Campus – 8 a.m. until 7 p.m., Monday through Thursday
•DeLand Campus – 8 a.m. until 7 p.m., Monday through Thursday
•Deltona Campus – 8 a.m. until 7 p.m., Monday and Thursday
•Flagler/Palm Coast Campus – 8 a.m. until 7 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday
•New Smyrna Beach-Edgewater Campus – 8 a.m. until 7 p.m., Monday and Tuesday
•All campuses are open regular hours on Friday, 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
For more information visit www.DaytonaState.edu or call the Admissions Office at 386-506-4471.