Votran will have limited service on Labor Day
Votran will operate on a limited service schedule Monday, Sept. 1. Riders are encouraged to plan their travel in advance to avoid possible travel conflicts.
• West Volusia routes 22, 24 and 60 will not operate. Connecting SunRail Routes 30, 31, 32 and 33 will not operate as there will be no SunRail service.
• Route 20 will operate every two hours beginning with the 7:26 a.m. southbound trip at Wal-Mart, DeLand. Northbound trips will depart from the Marketplace Plaza, Orange City, every two hours from 8:32 a.m. to 4:32 p.m.
• Routes 21 and 23 will operate on a Saturday schedule.
• Eastside routes 1, 3, 4, 10, 15 and 17 will operate on a Sunday schedule.
• Buses will operate out of the Intermodal Transfer Facility in DeLand, not the Transfer Plaza.
• Routes 40 and 41 will operate every two hours. The first Route 40 southbound trip will depart from Dunlawton Avenue and U.S. 1 at 6:42 a.m. Northbound trips will depart from Canal Street and U.S. 1 every two hours from 7:44 a.m. through 5:44 p.m. Route 40 will not serve Swallowtail Drive and Village Trail. It will turn right on Dunlawton Avenue from Nova Road and will depart there at 11:08 a.m. It will meet Routes 4 and 17 at Dunlawton and Orange avenues to transfer passengers going north on U.S. 1 and A1A. The first Route 41 southbound trip will depart from Canal Street and U.S. 1 at 6:57 a.m. Regular trips depart every two hours from 8:47 a.m. through 4:47 p.m.
The 2:47 p.m. trip departing from Canal Street and U.S.1 will be the only trip serving Oak Hill.
• All other routes and New Smyrna Beach Flex Service will not operate.
• For Votran Gold service changes, contact a reservationist or Votran customer service.
Votran riders are encouraged to visit votran.org and click the “subscribe” button at the bottom of the homepage to receive timely notices about bus service changes. The website also provides up-to-date alerts and real-time bus information.
Halifax Health-Hospice to host ‘Hearts & Hooves’ retreats
Halifax Health – Hospice BeginAgain Children’s Grief Center will present Hearts & Hooves retreats on Sept. 6 and Sept. 20 from 9 a.m. to noon at Artquest School of Art & Design, 571 Leeway Trail, Ormond Beach. One of Halifax Health – Hospice’s signature programs, Hearts & Hooves is a camp for families, young children and teens involving expression through art and horses.
During the retreats, trained grief counselors will guide participants through artistic activities and allow them healing interaction with horses.
These activities give children and teens, who have experienced the death of a loved one, a safe and peaceful outlet for their grief expression. The retreats are available for families with children and teens eight to 18 years of age.
The deadline to apply is Aug. 31.
To receive an application to register or for additional information, call 386-258-5100.