SPECIAL TO THE DAYTONA TIMES
Time’s getting short to sign up for fall classes at Daytona State College (DSC). Students can “one-stop shop” at DSC’s Fall Enrollment Day on Saturday, Aug. 15, at the Daytona Beach Campus, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The event makes it easy to complete everything from application to registration, with a chance to win a $350 scholarship from the DSC Foundation.
Students can lock in their schedule in a few steps. Fill out a DSC application (online or download the application from www.DaytonaState.edu), meet with an admissions advisor and financial aid counselor, take an assessment test (if applicable), talk with an academic advisor and nail down their schedule. Fall classes start Aug. 24.
Financial aid help
The Financial Aid Office will be open to assist with college financing and to help students complete their financial aid applications (FAFSA). Academic advisors also will be available to talk about unique academic programs such as the Quanta-Honors College.
Only students registering for classes at the event will be eligible for the $350 scholarship drawing.
Students unable to attend Enrollment Day can take advantage of Daytona State’s extended registration hours for fall classes through Aug. 27:
• Daytona Beach campus – 8 a.m. until 7 p.m., Monday through Thursday
• DeLand campus – 8 a.m. until 7 p.m., Monday through Thursday
• Deltona campus – 8 a.m. until 7 p.m., Monday through Thursday
• Flagler/Palm Coast campus – 8 a.m. until 7 p.m., Monday through Thursday
• New Smyrna Beach-Edgewater campus – 8 a.m. until 7 p.m., Monday through Thursday
• On Fridays, the campuses are open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For more information, visit DaytonaState.edu, e-mail Admissions@DaytonaState.edu or call 386-506-4471.