BY CHARLES W. CHERRY II
Approximately 50 people traveled with the Daytona Regional Chamber of Commerce for “Volusia Days’’ on Wednesday and Thursday to support the local legislative delegation and influence political leaders in Tallahassee during the current legislative session.
Participants heard presentations by state legislators and two-state Cabinet members, Attorney General Ashley Moody and state Chief Financial Officer Jimmy Petronis.
They also toured the Governor’s Mansion and met Governor Rick DeSantis doing a reception sponsored by NASCAR.
The group was scheduled to return Thursday – after the Daytona Times press time late Wednesday night – after another day of meetings.
PHOTOS BY CHARLES W. CHERRY II/DAYTONA TIMES
- At the Governor’s Mansion.
- Gov. Ron DeSantis holds his son Mason as Lesa France Kennedy looked on.
- Chamber of Senior VP-Government Relations Jim Cameron and Chamber Board Chairman Bob Lloyd.
- Daytona Beach Housing Authority CEO Terrell Bates and Daytona Beach Zone 3 City Commissioner Quanita May.
- State Senators Perry E. Thurston, Jr. and Darryl Rouson flank Daytona Times Publisher Charles W. Cherry II.