Volusia County Community Assistance will conduct five public meetings where community members will elect one person at each meeting to represent low-income people in that area on the Human Services Advisory Board. This is a requirement per grant regulations.
Each meeting will consist of an overview of human services, roles and responsibilities of an advisory board member, and an election of a person to represent the low-income population. An alternate may also be elected to serve in the absence of the elected person if enough interest is warranted at each meeting.
The meetings will be held at these times and locations:
- 5 p.m. Sept. 28: John H. Dickerson Heritage Library, 411 S. Keech St., Daytona Beach
- 5 p.m. Sept. 29: Ormond Beach Regional Library, 30 S. Beach St., Ormond Beach
- 5 p.m. Sept. 30: New Smyrna Beach Regional Library, 1001 S. Dixie Freeway, New Smyrna Beach
- 5 p.m. Oct. 2: Deltona Regional Library, 2150 Eustace Ave., Deltona
- 5 p.m. Oct. 5: Chisholm Community Center, 520 S. Clara Ave., DeLand
Residents may also participate in the meeting virtually. The link will be posted the morning of each meeting at www.volusia.org/hsab.
The advisory board provides guidance to assist the Volusia County Council in developing Community Services Block Grant program goals and objectives, identifying community needs, and evaluating program effectiveness.
For more information, contact Human Services Manager Clayton Jackson at 386-736-5956 or firstname.lastname@example.org.