Keep these tips in mind about throwing out a live Christmas tree. For questions, contact Daytona Beach’s Solid Waste department at 386-671-8670.
- If small enough, trees will be picked up on yard waste day.
- If not, report the tree to Waste Pro and their claw truck will pick it up within 48-72 hours.
- Trees can be picked up from the curb on Jan. 2, or the following regular waste day, Jan. 6.
- Remove decorations from trees. If they are not removed, the tree cannot be mulched, and you might be charged an exempt waste fee.
- All trees clean of contaminants will be mulched at the Volusia County Landfill.